Friday, February 3, 2012

Feathers are growing on me

Way back when (like, October), I hated working with feathers. They're expensive. They're difficult to manipulate. If they're wonky and kinky, forget it. They're expensive. They rarely look perfect. They're expensive.

But when I was asked to help create a fascinator for a friend's wedding, I had to suck it up, put on my big-girl smock and effing deal with it. And you know what? It ain't that bad. This is, in part, due to a discovery of several wholesalers. I dunno if I've said this or not, but feathers are fucking expensive and buying them in bulk is waaaaaaay more cost effective for my frugal workings.

So, here's what I've been working on in between commissions:










These particular pieces may or may not become available on the etsy, but something very close in resemblance fo sho.

No comments:

Post a Comment